Safety is No Accident. Visit the National Safety Commission - America's Safety Headquarters for driver safety information, auto recalls and teen safe driver tips.
Monday, January 05, 2009
How Florida Driving School Works
First we’ll take a look at the advantages you receive by attending a Florida certified driving school. By electing to attend driving school:
• No points are assessed against your traffic record. This is very important as multiple tickets can and ultimately result in a suspended license.
• Your insurance company is prevented, under Florida law, from increasing your rates as the result of the traffic ticket. The only exception to this is if you were at fault in a collision and your insurance company had to pay out as a result.
• You keep your Safe Driving Status. Important when trying to keep your future insurance rates low and Safe Drivers don’t have to renew their Florida Driver’s License as often.
• By electing to attend driving school, you reduce your traffic fine by 18%.
So those are the advantages, now let’s take a look at the options you have.
• On-line courses. On-line courses are a great advantage for those who feel they are too busy to attend a driving school in person. You can log on from your home or work computer and complete the course according to your schedule. You have the option of stopping and picking up again from where you left off until you complete the four hour course. This is the most convenience way for you to attend driving school.
• Video/DVD courses. If you don’t have a computer, these courses still allow you to take the course from home on your schedule by watching a video and answering questions in an enclosed packet that you mail back to the school.
• Classroom courses. Even in this modern electronic age, a lot of people still find it preferable to attend a four hour class conducted by a trained instructor. This method of taking the classroom course requires you to travel to they physical location and may not meet your busy schedule.
Under Florida law, you can attend a driving school once in a year and five times in a ten year period.
One advantage that hasn’t been mentioned is that, by electing to attend a certified four hour Florida driving school you will learn to look at your driving behaviors in a new way and will hopefully become a safer driver and not get any more traffic tickets.
For more information on traffic schools visit our web site at: http://www.lowestpricetrafficschool.com/dmv-approved.html